Thursday, October 13, 2011

24 hours away

Last Friday night I took off on a mommy's away for a day trip. My sis, Tanya and friend April headed towards "church camp" for a night away. Check out our view on the drive.

Friday night was also game 5 in the NLDS... So poor April and Tanya were forced to listen to the Brewer Game. Seriously. We listened to the entire game on the drive down. Anybody catch that game? They won. Yup! I stayed in the car until the game was over!  Anywho, back to the task at hand....
Friday night we got to the camp for "Girlfriends only" and we all decided to head out the start a fire since it was absolutely beautiful outside.

This is Bren, roasting everyone's marshmallows!

 After sitting and learning more about some of the ladies from church (way fun) I decided it was time to go to bed. So I got ready for bed and sat in the cabin (yes a real live cabin!!)


When myself and Andreas spotted some puzzles on a table.... So out came the 500 piece puzzle! Awesome, I mean how many moms get to do puzzles at home. Yeah, like none! Loved it!
Working hard!!

Saturday started out with the sis and mom and I heading out to check out our view of the lake. Breathtaking. I love fall, have I ever mentioned that??
Here we are enjoying the view!




So after breakfast we got to business. We had a couple of guest speakers there: April Johnson and Denise Paup. They had some great thoughts on "girl time". April also entertained is with her beautiful voice!
My favorite part of my 24 hours away was just getting to hang out with other girls/moms. It was a beautiful day. Thanks Brenda (aka mom) for a great time! I know I appreciated the time away!


random shots:





Sharing a room with my sissy!

April and Tanya
Mom and April Johnson


and that's how I spent 24 hours away!

No comments:

Post a Comment